1. You play up your best qualities in the hopes that your dream school will notice you.
2. You try to learn everything about them — their major interests, their class schedule . . .
3. . . . But they always seem so much more glamorous on Facebook than in real life.
4. All the best options play hard-to-get.
5. After you send your first message, you spend what feels like months waiting for an answer.
6. Rejection becomes your greatest fear.
7. You might go on a first date before making it official.
8. You really hope your parents will one day watch you walk down the aisle.